• Tears, which some people think of as merely salty water, is actually a very powerful defense weapon for one of the most precious organs of our body.
• It is secreted with the help of small sacs in the inner parts of our eye.
• There are three types of tears.
• The first tear is always the essential tear that protects our eyes from dust and bacteria.
• The second tear is secreted when there is an effect that harms the eye, such as teargas.
• The third tear is secreted when the nervous system is triggered by sensations such as fear.
• The air being too hot, too dry or too windy also triggers the secretion of tears.
• 98.2% of a tear is water. The rest is composed of urea, little bit of glucose, organic matter and lysozyme.
Thus, tears are a very special liquid that contains different amounts of different matters.
• Lysozyme is the essential factor that protects our eyes from all sorts of outside effects. In this way, we can easily see without the negative effects of dust and bacteria.
• The lysozyme enzyme is even more effective than the strongest cleaning substances that are used to clean buildings . It is a great miracle that it does not harm the eye even though it is so strong.
• No other cleaner as strong as this can be used in the eyes, and no other cleaner can clean the eye so well.
• There are no veins in the cornea layer of our eye, but this area also needs air and nutrients. In a miraculous way, these needs are met with the help of tears.
“Say: ‘It is He Who brought you into being and gave you hearing, sight and hearts. What little thanks you show!’" (Surat al-Mulk, 23)